Sunday 28 December 2014

News years reflection

So Christmas has been and gone and we approach another year.

As I have a compulsory look back at 2014 I am happy and what I have achieved yet unhappy with what I have not.

I have half a house. I have done a lot of fencing. I have raised pigs, chickens and cows.
I cannot lay claim however to what I really want which is to be living on our property.

We travel daily to the property, feed and tend animals and do some building where and when we can.

We have had several hold ups with the build including weather and waiting on trades. It is what one expects when building I am told however the frustration is still there.

I have made some progress on the vegetable patch with posts all in and one row of wire up. I plan on digging it over, mulching it and allowing the marauding pack of chooks to continue to dig scratch and generally do their thing. It should be ready for some planting next spring.

The pigs need moving soon so plan on building the next planned vegetable enclosure and placing them in there to do their pig thing. They will certainly save my back by removing the vegetation. Should be ready for a till in spring and also be planted out in the future.

Hopefully the build will kick along in the new year and will result in a finished home for me and my brood.
Progress so far 

No comments:

Post a Comment